Monday, April 17, 2006

Ride Report - Monday Morning

Ride Details:
Distance: 15.38 miles
Top Speed: 28.3 mph
Average Speed: 11.6 mph
Time on Bike: 1 hour, 19 minutes, 24 seconds
Temperature: 44 degrees F
Weather: Wet, then dry after riding the bus

Matt Details:
Weight: Unknown (didn't weigh this morning)
Feels: Felt good after the ride, took it easy
Total 2006 Mileage: 976.47
Total Time in the Saddle: 90 hours, 47 minutes
Average Miles per Day: 12.21

Notes:
Rode downtown from the house and caught the #56 bus from downtown out to Washington Square Mall. Rode the bike from there across the freeway and hit McDonald's for breakfast. (bad Matt) Rode back downhill to New Horizons and parked the bike. Weather was pretty good. I don't feel too bad eating at McDonald's this morning because I got in 15+ miles, so I burned about 600 calories this morning. That'll put me at about 3,400 calories for the day if I don't ride home.

I'm considering riding 22 miles home via Tualatin-West Linn-Oregon City-Gladstone. That'd be fun, but it will take 2-1/2 hours to ride. It's 22 miles total distance with at least 1 extended hill climb. Another option is 14 miles almost due east and across the Sellwood Bridge, but that takes me across the southern part of the Western Hills, a ridge that runs west of downtown Portland. It's only a 400' climb this far south rather than a 700-800' climb, but that's a little more than I'd planned on doing. Total elevation gain riding home from work is about 500' in 11 miles, or around 50' per mile. (Actually, it's negligible for the first 9 miles, and 400' in the last 2 miles) If I take the 14 mile route to the house, I do all my normal climb from work, plus an extra 400', for a total of 900' over 14 miles. Ick. I'd rather do the 22 mile run, and have only 2 gradual climbs at West Linn and the bottom end of Oatfield.

No comments: