Monday, July 17, 2006

Ride Report - Seattle to Portland


Details:
204.5 miles @ 14.2 mph
Top Speed 38 mph
14 hours, 24 minutes, 5 seconds on the bike (over a 2-day period)

Cumulative:
1,984.85 miles at an average speed of 11.4 mph
172 hours, 40 minutes total time on the bike





Notes: I did it - I rode the entire way from Seattle to Portland, from University of Washington in Seattle to Centralia College on day one, and from Centralia College to Holladay Park in Portland. It was quite the experience, and I really enjoyed it. Now, I'm tired. Everything's sore, everything hurts a bit, and I'm tired now. I also broke 3 spokes on the ride, though I never got a flat. Fortunately, I had a spare spoke with me, and I got a couple others from one of the supporting bike shops - they didn't even charge me for the spokes. Tomas gave me a hand with the first busted spoke - I did the second on my own, and the third happened a mile from the finish line, so I still need to fix it. Tomas thinks I need to have the wheel rebuilt, and I think he may be right on that one.

Anyway, yay me!

1 comment:

Tomas_Quinones said...

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to ride another hundred miles today!