Monday, July 03, 2006

Ride Report - Sunday

Ride Details:
Distance: 107.07 miles
Top Speed: 34.3 mph (estimated - GPS said top speed 126 mph, I don't think so)
Average Speed: 12.3 mph
Time on Bike: 8 hours, 43 minutes, 56 seconds
Temperature: 59 degrees F, rising to 90 and then falling back to 72 by ride end.
Weather: Dry without a cloud in the sky most of the day.

Matt Details:
Weight: 242 lbs.
Feels: Legs and back a little sore. Tired.
Total 2006 Mileage: 1,707.98 miles
Total Time in the Saddle: 152 hours, 10 minutes
Average Miles per Day: 10.88

Notes:
Tomas, Lee and I rode out past Forest Grove and back. I started from my house, and rode the bike to Tomas' place where he examined and then tightened my cassette (I don't have the tools required for that yet). We then managed to get out on the road and ride downtown, crossing the Hawthorne Bridge and heading up to Broadway and out to Barbur Blvd. Barbur's a nice road, with a wide bike lane, but where it dumps you onto Capitol Highway there is a long, steep climb.

It was a long ride, but worth it. Next stop, Seattle to Portland in 2 weeks!

No comments: