Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ride Report - Tuesday Morning

Ride Details:
Distance: 11.17 miles
Top Speed: unknown
Average Speed: 12.3 mph
Time on Bike: 00:54:23
Temperature: 44 degrees F

Springwater Trail:
Bicycles: 0* (see text)
Joggers: 0
Cats: 3

Matt Details:
Weight: Did not measure this morning
Feels: Legs are still a bit tired. Muscles felt a little sore from Sunday's ride.

It was very light on the Springwater trail today - I saw one guy walking 2 small dogs (I don't count walkers) and 3 of the 4-5 cats that frequent the food bowls under the Ross Island Bridge. I sort of saw a bike. What I mean by that is I usually only count people that pass me on the trail or that I pass. About 1/4 mile from the north end of the trail I spotted a bike in my mirror starting to overtake me. By the end of the trail, he had not overtaken me, so he technically doesn't count.

Still feeling a bit sore from Sunday's ride - it was almost 75 miles after all. I haven't decided yet whether to do 60 miles this weekend or 90. Take it easy, or make sure I can do a century. I'm still looking at riding the Pre-Season Century from Bend to Prineville and back. I'm a little wary because I don't know how long the course support will be in place, and I'm still pretty slow. It's flat, and with the wind on the way out but against the wind on the way back. Add in the "anything goes" weather and you get an interesting ride.

No comments: