Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ride Report - Tuesday Morning

Ride Details:
Distance: 11.10 miles
Top Speed: Unknown (GPS read 53mph)
Average Speed: 12.9 mph
Time on Bike: 51 min, 26 sec
Temperature: 40 degrees F
Weather: Wet, but no rain

Springwater Trail:
Bicycles: 9, Joggers 3

Matt Details:
Weight: 244 lbs
Feels: A little more tired, and some soreness in the legs and around the knees
Total 2006 Mileage: 689.5
Total Time in the Saddle: 65 hours, 48 minutes
Average Miles per Day: 10.6

Rode to Tomas' last night, adjusted and lubed the bike. I have some kind of weird issue with the back brakes - one side is sticking, and I don't know why. It's most irritating. Brakes and shifters are now adjusted, and the ride to Tomas' plus the ride home via I-205 trail was 18 miles. I should have brought my new brake pads with me, but I left them in the bike locker by mistake. The front brakes on the bike are nearly gone, and the rear pads, which I replaced a few weeks ago are already half worn through. Of course, I'm riding more consistently this year, and the brake pads wear quicker in wet conditions. I'll be happy when summer gets here, and the ride stays dry.

Then again, at that point it starts getting hot.

On a side note, I had to calculate my average speed, and failed to get the top speed, because the GPS had some inaccurate readings this morning. Even though I rode the same 11.1 - 11.2 mile route I've been riding the last week or two (I've added about 1/4 mile to my ride at Kellogg Creek to get up the hill to Lake road a bit easier), my GPS this morning said I rode 12.9 miles at an average speed of 15 mph, with a top speed of 53 mph. While I'd love to say that's all true, it's not - my top speed was no more than 30, and the spurious mileage is what produced the high average speed, since the GPS always gets the time in motion correct. (within a few seconds)

No comments: